new proxmox server in datacenter

taich

Aug 15, 2020
I would like to know how to add a second proxmox server to my datacenter.
I dont want to built a ha-cluster, just 2 independent servers in one datacenter.

Is this possible?

Reactions: levidos
Sorry, I realise this is an old post but I have the same question but I'm not sure the answer above works.

I also have two separate servers running Proxmox, both of which are running fine. I (like the original question) would like to be able to manage both servers from the same view i.e. have two servers listed under 'Datacantre'. I went about trying to create a cluster on one of the machines which was fine but when adding the second, it correctly reports that the second node already has VM's so can't be added.

I've now seen the notes about how to add the second node but that involves backup/restore etc. I'm not that interested in clustering (I had enough of that with VMS) but would like to be able to manage both servers from a single window. Is this possible without creating a cluster?

Reactions: levidos
Is this possible without creating a cluster?
Not at the moment. Multi Cluster Management is on our to do list, but I cannot say when it will be done.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!