New installation Mail Gateway benind firewall or other

Vincent Romero

Sep 21, 2017
Hello everyone

I have a question.

We have our mail system behind our firewall. If we need deploy mail gateway, what is the best deploy.

The Proxmox Mail Gateway need tow netowork and my mail be mut stay behind this? And gateway of my mail system must be the mail gateway?

Currently i have using Untangle (with module SPAM Blocker) with two network cards and the gateway of my mail system is Untangle and work correctly

Regards

Vincent

@Vincent Romero
Remember to have the ports open on 25 to your proxmox email gateway and the ports 465 993 995 for the email server. The idea is that on port 25 the emails will come in then proxmox will clean it to send it to your email server. Disable the spam blocker on the untangle and open the port 25 to point to your proxmox email gateway and the rest should work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!