Need to restore corosync.conf file

jarenas

Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I have edited the corosync config but I'm having problems, of course before this, I did a copy of my original corosync.conf, but when I'm trying to remove my failed corosync.conf to put the original, says "permission denied".

Also, when I'm trying to edit the file says "error deleting lock file /etc/pve./.corosync.conf.swp"

Anyone can help me?

Thanks, regards.

Update I can't edit anything from /etc/pve/, also says with pvecm status:

Cannot initialize CMAP service

Finally I could restore it using pmxcfs -l, but now when I'm trying to start again corosync, in journalctl says:

Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 corosync[35772]: [MAIN ] parse error in config: This totem parser can only parse version 2 configurations.
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 corosync[35772]: error [MAIN ] parse error in config: This totem parser can only parse version 2 configurations.
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 corosync[35772]: error [MAIN ] Corosync Cluster Engine exiting with status 8 at main.c:1308.
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 corosync[35772]: [MAIN ] Corosync Cluster Engine exiting with status 8 at main.c:1308.
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 systemd[1]: corosync.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=8/n/a
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Corosync Cluster Engine.

Last edited:
can you post the corosync.conf ?
Apr 27 11:38:15 cp1 corosync[35772]: [MAIN ] parse error in config: This totem parser can only parse version 2 configurations.
this suggests that you edited the wrong field

can you post the corosync.conf ?

this suggests that you edited the wrong field

Of course, thanks a lot for your support!

logging {
debug: off
to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
node {
name: cp1
nodeid: 1
quorum_votes: 1
ring0_addr: cp1
}
node {
name: cp2
nodeid: 2
ring0_addr: cp2
}
node {
name: cp3
nodeid: 3
ring0_addr: cp3
}
node {
name: cp4
nodeid: 4
ring0_addr: cp4
}
}

quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
cluster_name: cp-oficina
config_version: 4
interface {
bindnetaddr: 10.85.20.101
ringnumber: 0
}
ip_version: ipv4
secauth: on
version: 2
}

did you kill the pmxcfs before starting corosync?
you have to:

pmxcfs -l
switch out/edit corosync.conf
stop pmxcfs (eg with kill)
systemctl start pve-cluster corosync

Reactions: tsohr
did you kill the pmxcfs before starting corosync?
you have to:

pmxcfs -l
switch out/edit corosync.conf
stop pmxcfs (eg with kill)
systemctl start pve-cluster corosync
Ohh!!! thanks a lot, that was the solution :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!