Need Help with Clones of VPS

james717171

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I need help with cloning/replication of a VPS from within proxmox.

Is it as simple as right clicking on any vps on our dedicated server, clicking clone and then filling in the information requested?

Please look at the screen shot. Specifically, what do I enter in the blank places or dropdown menus?

Where does the ipv4 address go or is this auto assigned by DHCP (and must all available ipv4 ranges be entered in to DHCP by the host prior to doing this)?

What about username and password? Will it simply have the same username and password as the original vps?

I look forward to getting your help on this one as we have been paying a fortune to get vps replicated (as well as set up) on our dedicated servers and really need to learn to do this myself.

Hope it is not too technical and you can explain in plain terms specifically what goes where?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 21.17.20.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 21.17.20.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi,
Is it as simple as right clicking on any vps on our dedicated server, clicking clone and then filling in the information requested?
yes.

Please look at the screen shot. Specifically, what do I enter in the blank places or dropdown menus?
What you like. Non filed what is not auto-filled are required.
Click the help button for more information.

A Clone is a plain copy of the VM so no ip, password, user, etc will be set.

HI,

I need a very non technical straight forward explanation here as I am not an engineer.
Sending me to links with highly technical lanugauge is not helpful unfortuantely.

If someone can lay out the steps for me, 1,2,3,4,5,, of how to add user name and password and ipv4 to a VM Clone via proxmox I would
be eternally grateful.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!