1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding pages on the Wiki?

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE 1.x: Installation and configuration' started by oeginc, Nov 18, 2010.

1. oeginc

oeginc Member

I just created a simple page called 'Help' that will give you a link to an index of all of the pages on the Wiki.

To use it, go to the wiki HERE,
    type "help" in the search box on the left hand side of the Wiki and press enter or click Go.

I don't know about you, but I found this very useful... Hopefully it didn't already exist somewhere. ;)

#1 oeginc, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. JustaGuy

JustaGuy Member

Hmm, seems alot that you've just uncovered could be considered as, and as such could be listed in, the HowTo section, which is what I've been using as an index thus far.

There's little doubt that this will be found useful to many.

Does the page keep itself updated, or does it introduce another layer of maintenance to articles?

What's a 'namespace'?

#2 JustaGuy, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

listing all pages is standard functionality of the mediawiki, just go to "special pages" on the left menu, here you will get all what you need.

4. oeginc

oeginc Member

Yes, the page is just a MediaWiki "Special Page" that is an index of all known pages, so it will automatically update itself as pages are added.

Yes, it is - and that's GREAT if you know how to do it, or what "Special Pages" means... Since most of us (I assume) are NOT MediaWiki experts, I thought this would help... 8P

5. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

yes, maybe.