NAS Storange over public network

FcbInfo

Renowned Member
Dec 21, 2012
Is possible to do NAS storage over the public network (On my backup server) to centralize my backups?

And is possible to add this NAS to each server that I have and use this NAS only to ISOs, Templates and Backups.

NAS = Samba Server? Never worked with this. At this time I'm using ftp to do backups over my SolusVM.

Thank you for help.

under datacenter/storage you can configure several storage types for all usages

currently NFS, Local (remote mounted shares could work, I guess...), glusterfs.
others (rbd, iscsi, lvm are block devices, used for vm disks only)

usually you can use NFS servers for this, samba is not supported by pve, but many NAS can expose your disk space in both ways.

once you define that in datacenter/storage, all your cluster nodes get the same configs

Marco

I got some problems with clusters, and I'll work without clusters.
I'm trying to find anyway to do my backups like my old system SolusVM using ftp backups.

Thanks =P

ok, I'm pretty sure it would work on single nodes also... the only draw back is you have to replicate the configs for all single nodes around :)

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!