[SOLVED] Moving container between LVMs

DaleS

Feb 2, 2016
Hi All,

Proxmox 4.2-18
Proxmox is attached to a SAN, which has a large LVM presented, and is in use for some containers.

Co-worker created 20/30 new containers on local LVM (only 800GB) by accident, what is the correct way to move these to another storage? downtime is no issue as these containers are new and configured but not live.

Thanks for any insight, I did try to google but I fear my google-fu has weakened over time.
Thanks

Solved my own issue - Why does that always happen just after you create a post asking for help!

Don't know if this is the best method, but it is working for me.
For those like me who haven't had their morning coffee yet: backup the container, delete the original and then restore and ensure to select the correct storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!