Moved hardware to new machine, can't reach ProxMox anymore

rorycampbell

Apr 26, 2020
I am super new to Linux and ProxMox. I will keep this as short and to the point as possible. My ProxMox server died. It was running on a DELL 7060. I transferred all the hdds from the broken machine to another DELL 7060. I can see it booting up and I can even get into the console from the actualy ProxMox. However I cannot reach the ProxMox server via web anymore. I made sure to update the MAC address to the new one on our DHCP server. Has anyone had to do this and point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated.

Is is possible that your Ethernet card have been renamed?

Do an and: ip a
and compare it with the content of: /etc/network/interfaces

Rares

Reactions: rorycampbell
That is exactly what happened. The old interface was named en01. I updated /etc/network/interfaces to the new name and it came back like a charm. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!