monitor email queue

haiberg

Renowned Member
Aug 9, 2007
Hi,
i would like to monitor the email queue. I have a server with Nagios on it. I haven´t found any PlugIns for it or something like it yet.
What is the best way to monitor the queue? How do you realize when the queue is full?If i have to install a plugin/addon what happens when i update proxmox?

Thanks for reply...

Hi,
i would like to monitor the email queue. I have a server with Nagios on it. I haven´t found any PlugIns for it or something like it yet.
What is the best way to monitor the queue? How do you realize when the queue is full?If i have to install a plugin/addon what happens when i update proxmox?

Thanks for reply...

Hi,
the email queue is full when the harddrive is full. please see the daily admin report for system information and harddrive. currently there is no alarm reporting implemented.

our problem was that proxmox wasn´t able to deliver e-mails at all. So all the mails were still in the queue. We would like to have a warning if the queue has more than 200 e-mail. Do you have any experience with Nagios checking Proxmox? Do you plan to include a feature like alerting in a future release? If i write a plugin for nagios so i can check the queue, will the plugin be deletet after i update proxmox?

thank you

our problem was that proxmox wasn´t able to deliver e-mails at all. So all the mails were still in the queue. We would like to have a warning if the queue has more than 200 e-mail. Do you have any experience with Nagios checking Proxmox? Do you plan to include a feature like alerting in a future release? If i write a plugin for nagios so i can check the queue, will the plugin be deletet after i update proxmox?

thank you

hi,

yes, we think of an integration of a monitoring feature but not for 2.1 (scheduled for november 07) as this is already feature freeze. but if you give us more details about your requirements we will do our best to integrate for 2.2.

to your question: depends on several parameters and the kind of your modifications

Our requirements would be:
- if there are more than x e-mails in the queue then a email should be sent to a defined e-mail address(this must be one where proxmox can deliver it directly)
or
- a PlugIn(NRPE for example) so the Nagios-Server can "ask" proxmox in a defined time how many e-mails are in the queue. Nagios sends e-mails with warnings or criticals when the queue has more then x e-mails.

Thanks...

Our requirements would be:
- if there are more than x e-mails in the queue then a email should be sent to a defined e-mail address(this must be one where proxmox can deliver it directly)
or
- a PlugIn(NRPE for example) so the Nagios-Server can "ask" proxmox in a defined time how many e-mails are in the queue. Nagios sends e-mails with warnings or criticals when the queue has more then x e-mails.

Thanks...

Hi,

Thanks for the feature request, I added this to our development wish list. Personally I really like server monitoring with nagios, but we will see what we can do on Proxmox.

Hi,

it´s me again. I saw that the new Service Pack is available, I´m going to install it as soon as possible.
Do you have any news about monitoring Proxmox? Do you have plans for the new Service Pack?

Hi,

it´s me again. I saw that the new Service Pack is available, I´m going to install it as soon as possible.
Do you have any news about monitoring Proxmox? Do you have plans for the new Service Pack?

hi,
the features for the next Proxmox release (2.2) are not fixed yet.

Hi,
the new release is out now. I´m upgrading as soon as possible. Is there a way to monitor the queue with nagios now? Is there a plan to implement this in the future?

Thanks...

Hi,
the new release is out now. I´m upgrading as soon as possible. Is there a way to monitor the queue with nagios now? Is there a plan to implement this in the future?

Thanks...

Hi,

we plan to build a network monitoring virtual appliance for Proxmox VE and then we will try to monitor the Mail Gateway as well.

we are still looking for the best tool for this, open source with commercial support enhancements would be the best. do you have any suggestions?

I use Nagios for monitoring servers with it´s services(like status of smtp,http and so on).
It´s easy to install and an on the servers you only have to install a plugin to gain informations like diskspace.
The best way for my Nagios would be to install a Plugin on proxmox which checks the queue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!