MODO BOND for ISCSI ?

Hello everyone.

I have a server with four interfaces 1Gbit network, two interfaces 'm using the LAN with Bond MODE ( balance- tlb ) and the other
two interfaces in ISCSI connected to another switch accessing a NAS ( FreeNAS ).
I ask, what better setting Bond MODE on ISCSI (balance-rr, active-backup, balance-xor, broadcast, LACP, balance-tlb, balance-alb)?

Hello everyone.

I have a server with four interfaces 1Gbit network, two interfaces 'm using the LAN with Bond MODE ( balance- tlb ) and the other
two interfaces in ISCSI connected to another switch accessing a NAS ( FreeNAS ).
I ask, what better setting Bond MODE on ISCSI (balance-rr, active-backup, balance-xor, broadcast, LACP, balance-tlb, balance-alb)?

You shouldn't use network load balancing with iSCSI. Instead you should use iSCSI's own multi pathing (MPIO) where by the iSCSI initiator on the hosts discovers multiple paths to the SAN if they are available. There is a rough guide available on here that I think has been linked to in the previous post.

hello, thank you for the answers but I have doubts. My ISCSI is already working properly as directed by Proxmox wiki with only one active interface. Since it is not recommended to bond use in ISCSI how do you get redundancy and performance on a server that I have two network interfaces? My switch is configured with jumbo frame.

hello, thank you for the answers but I have doubts. My ISCSI is already working properly as directed by Proxmox wiki with only one active interface. Since it is not recommended to bond use in ISCSI how do you get redundancy and performance on a server that I have two network interfaces? My switch is configured with jumbo frame.

You use MPIO like we have mentioned above. Make sure your proxmox host can also reach your storage from the other interface as well an then configure an Multi path device as detailed in the wiki.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!