migrate from 2-node cluster to 3+

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
Hello.

We've been running a 2-node drbd cluster, and need to change to 3+ .

this is our current cman line in /etc/pve/cluster.conf:
Code:
 <cman expected_votes="1" keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey" two_node="1"/>

Has anyone successfully migrated from a 2 node to 3+ node cluster?

Are there any known issues ?

Hello.

We've been running a 2-node drbd cluster, and need to change to 3+ .

this is our current cman line in /etc/pve/cluster.conf:
Code:
 <cman expected_votes="1" keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey" two_node="1"/>

Has anyone successfully migrated from a 2 node to 3+ node cluster?

Are there any known issues ?

i've done it before, cant remember if i had to manually remove it or if pvecm add <node> did it for me but the two_node=1 section was removed and the expected votes count was increased

I would love to hear if this worked. I will be doing the same thing later today. Loving Proxmox and decided to convert my apache server to Proxmox and virtualize apache.

I would love to hear if this worked. I will be doing the same thing later today. Loving Proxmox and decided to convert my apache server to Proxmox and virtualize apache.

Hello,
we won't be making the change until next week, I pulled an unscheduled all nighter . So incase you leap first post the info please.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!