Menu "Console/SPICE" not working in Firefox, Chromium and Chrome

John Radley

Oct 10, 2016
Proxmox 5.0-32, on Debian 9.2, with Mate 1.16.2

The Proxmox menu item "Console/SPICE" for an Ubuntu 16.04 guest is not working in all three browsers Firefox, Chromium and Chrome.
The error message is - Unable to connect to the graphic server /tmp/...... Could not connect to proxy server ::1: connection refused.

The underlying SPICE however, is working as I can connect using the troubleshooting script.

This is a simple installation with no firewall on a home network which is IP4v only.

Commenting out the ip6v lines in /etc/hosts, solves the menu problem.

Therefore, if anyone from Proxmox notices this forum post, please could I suggest you either add a comment to your SPICE documentation page, or enhance your application to not assume a working ipv6.

Thanks

Reactions: fr3d3r1c
I can confirm that spiceproxy is not listening on IPv6 by default.
However, if I change the IP address of the pvelocalhost entry in /etc/hosts to the IPv6 address and restart pveproxy, pveproxy will listen on IPv6 too.

Reactions: fr3d3r1c

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!