media pools retention policy

davlaw

Renowned Member
Apr 4, 2012
So as I mess with the tape solution I did come across being able to skip media pool assignment when prepping / barcoding tape

Great so I can fill up a bunch of writable tapes with no media pool assignment...

So I ask the question, when a writable tapes gets used and assigned to pool1 is it always going to be used by pool1 after the retention policy expires?

So I ask the question, when a writable tapes gets used and assigned to pool1 is it always going to be used by pool1 after the retention policy expires?
yes this is how it currently works, if you want to remove a tape from a pool, you have to format and label it again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!