mdadm RAID support

Yes and no. No it is not supported by the bare-bones installer but if you install Debian Wheezy following its default installation on-top of mdadm and then install proxmox on-top of this then yes.

No official support.
Meaning if you do this installation, run into a problem, then get paid support from the Proxmox Team, I don't believe they will honor it.
I do think they will do what they can to help, but as a guarantee, I don't think they will GUARANTEE a working Virtual Host after you open a paid ticket.

We always do our best to get problems solved. But recovering software raid from remote is quite hard and dangerous, because there is a high risk that you loos data - so you need to do that yourself.

If I were you, I would go the route suggested to me.
Use something like rdiff or another program script, and mirror the two drives in cron.
I have yet to receive the advise on the best to use, but this seems to be the safest...However, everything I do is on shared NFS.

If I were you, I would go the route suggested to me.
Use something like rdiff or another program script, and mirror the two drives in cron.
I have yet to receive the advise on the best to use, but this seems to be the safest...However, everything I do is on shared NFS.

I don't relly know how this applies to me ?
I have a 13x2TB RAID5 array - how do you propose the rdiff mirror would help here ?
Those problems presented in the link from post #1 here were much more severe - after a few days of lots and lots of system halts, I finally went back to Ubuntu Server as the host OS and Windows in KVM.
The errors were coming out almost every time that the Guest OS (mostly Ubuntu Server) had to get more than average HDD time (copying files, decompressing files, higher root partition load due to OS tasks like updating a few apps).

It wouldn't apply. My issue was RAID for OS only.
You need RAID for operations.
I'm not sure what you could do, other than a different storage solution attached to Proxmox.
In my opinion, all hardware solutions are subpar in comparison to NFS or connected storage. Just my experience (Using bth LSI 2308 and Dell PERC 7)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!