[SOLVED] Mark [SOLVED]

wahmed

Famous Member
Oct 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
www.symmcom.com
May i propose that we all mark our open thread [SOLVED] if it has been solved? I understand lot of time we post something then forget to check for weeks. But if we try to mark them [SOLVED] i think it will help us to know what has been solved or what still need attention.

There are not 'Mark Solved' option in this forum. Basically you just add the text [SOLVED] in the Thread title. You can do this by clicking on 'Edit Post' then clicking 'Go Advanced' button right below the posting text box. Then just add [SOLVED] in the title. Preferably at the beginning of the the title so it is well visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
good idea, however it would be good to explain how to write [solved]

I admit that I took a while before understanding how ...

May i propose that we all mark our open thread [SOLVED] if it has been solved? I understand lot of time we post something then forget to check for weeks. But if we try to mark them [SOLVED] i think it will help us to know what has been solved or what still need attention.

There are not 'Mark Solved' option in this forum. Basically you just add the text [SOLVED] in the Thread title. You can do this by clicking on 'Edit Post' then clicking 'Go Advanced' button right below the posting text box. Then just add [SOLVED] in the title. Preferably at the beginning of the the title so it is well visible.

no, you do not have to add the text [SOLVED].

instead, just go the first post of the thread, click on edit and advanced edit and here you can select the prefix [SOLVED]. I just did this here.

But note, only the initial poster can do this. (and of course, admins and forum moderators like me).

I was thinking... depending on how detailed the permission system of this forum (vb) is, might it be possible to give the permission to add this solved-tag to threads to certain trusted individuals so that they can change threads that have been solved even if the thread starter doesn't (not everybody knows about this)? That might be helpful

Excuse me but I had to add [SOLVED] to 2 threads and I do not have something like "prefix" or other when I edit first post of a thread... I haven't found it :(

I did "Edit post" -> "Go advanced", but nothing about prefix or Solved...

only the thread starter can mark a thread solved (and of course, moderators).

Yes I know and I am the starter... I could'nt edit first post if I wasn't the starter...

this is not your thread, so you talk about which one?

Martin found the problem, some users were in the wrong group. should work now for all users as described.

Could you give me moderator privilege ? I'll be happy to help to mark SOLVED the threads I find.

thanks for the offer but currently only Proxmox Staff members are equipped with moderator power.

Admin - Can we pin this to the Announcements board?

I'm new to the forum and had to run an external google search to figure this out as the internal forum search yielded too many results and none with this answer.

I'll now go and mark my first thread solved :)

I still cannot mark my thread as solved. I do not see any option to edit threads i have already made. Is there still an issue with the permissions?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!