manual send out a user report

mabu

Apr 1, 2008
Hi,
can you tell me what are the command to send out a user report.

Thanks
Manfred

Hi,
can you tell me what are the command to send out a user report.

Thanks
Manfred

hi,

you mean you want to trigger a spamreport to a user? First you need to enable the quarantine (see documentation). I assume you did this already.

login to the console:

Code:
proxspamreport -y email@yourdomain.com
this will send an spamreport to the named user from yesterday - if you want the actual day, just:

Code:
proxspamreport  email@yourdomain.com
(be careful, if you do not enter an email address, reports to all users are sent)

Is there any performance issues with running this a few times a day? In testing it we are finding alot of marked spam. I raised the level from 5 to 7 (conservative) to see if that helps somewhat, but I was thinking we would do a proxspamreport a few times a day while people build up their white/black lists and such.

Is there any performance issues with running this a few times a day? In testing it we are finding alot of marked spam. I raised the level from 5 to 7 (conservative) to see if that helps somewhat, but I was thinking we would do a proxspamreport a few times a day while people build up their white/black lists and such.

Hi,

The daily report is sent one time per day. What wrong if a lot so spam is detected?

If you need to send the spam mails to the users, just do it. Mark it and deliver - no quarantine. It makes no sense to put the spam in the quarantine and then sent multiple mails per day to inform the users that they got spam in their quarantine

the purpose of Proxmox is to REDUCE emails to the end users :)

I totally agree, but whats happening is alot of mail that isnt junk is getting reported as such. Instead of just passing it on to the user, who freaks out when they see mail tagged or go into their Junk Email (the header tag is bumped up) I figure I would send a couple of reports a day and let people build confidence that the system is accurate and then stop it after a short period of time (couple weeks).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!