make PPPoE connection from pfsense vm - do pfsense HA

whitewater

Nov 26, 2012
france
Hello everybody,
I have 3 nodes cluster with ap79721 fencing device. proxmox01, proxmox02 and proxmox03.
I would like to do pfsense HA.
Each nodes have same ethernet cards : two intel integrated, one intel gigabit, one intel gigabit dedicated for drbd.
i have create vmbr0, vmbr1 and vmbr2 for the first three.

i have an ADSL connection with PPPoE and a linksys WAG120N adsl modem with 4 ethernet ports.
PPPoE connection is made from pfsense. Because i need ADSL IP Public for IPSEC VPN.

With physical pfsense machine, i can do connection from each four port on the modem.

So, i would like to do this :
* modem adsl :
- port 1 to 2nd ethernet port of proxmox01.
- port 2 to 2nd ethernet port of proxmox02.

running pfsense with HA so, if proxmox01 failed, pfsense will run on proxmox02.

but i can't do PPPoE connection in pfsense VM.
i had tested with PCI passtrough to have host ethernet card in pfsense VM. It's work, but i can't migrate VM from one node to another.

so, i would like to know how make pfsense HA with pppoe connection if it's possible ?

thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!