lxc view all machine resource

webparadoxer

Aug 31, 2016
Hello. Help please. I installed proxmox 5.4. It was all great, until I decided to put docker inside lxc. And I do not know what I changed in the settings, but now the container in htop sees all the resources of the machine. With the exception of the reinstallation, how to rollback so that the containers do not see all the resources

hi,

with the current implementation of cgroups in the linux kernel, containers are unfortunately hard to isolate from the system in terms of showing available memory/cpu or similar resources.

however, there's an option for `lxcfs`, which enables the loadavg option. this options shows the average cpu load of the container and not the host.

the reason for this inconsistency is the fact that different tools use different methods for obtaining the information. some use syscalls and some use files from /proc or /sys or similar, which are mounted from the host system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!