[LXC] Persistent custom mount options for rootfs ?

acidrop

Renowned Member
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

I've got a quick question in regards to LXC containers and the possibility to add persistent mount options for the rootfs filesystem (ext4). Just wanted to clarify that I am *not* using ZFS as a backend for my LXC containers (not sure if that plays a role for having this settings set anyways).

I'm reading that this should be possible by adding something like "lxc.rootfs.options = <option>" somewhere, but apparently *not* in pct.conf file?

In the pct.conf man page it is mentioned that:

"It is also possible to add low-level LXC-style configuration directly, for example:

lxc.init_cmd: /sbin/my_own_init"

...that option's syntax by the way, it appears that it has been changed to "lxc.init.cmd:" ....

So my question is, is this the correct place to add the "lxc.rootfs.options" entry (apparently not, as I already tried it) ? ...or I will have to create a file, save it "somewhere" on the host (?) filesystem and add in there this option and potentially any other custom options ?

Many thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!