LXC on LVM partition

Gabor

Feb 3, 2016
Hello!

I have a non-proxmox based server inthere it's running simple lxc, and container running on LVM logical partition. I can create this container type a simple following command:

lxc-create -n HOSTNAME -t ubuntu -B lvm --lvname HOSTNAME --vgname main --fstype ext4 --fssize SIZE

But, when I searched this function in proxmox, I wasn't found any solution (with KVM technology support it).

Anyone has any idea ?

Thank you!

kvm.PNG

lxc.PNG

Hi,

you have to set the content on the lvm storage also to Container (rootdir).

Hello,

Sorry, I badly composed my question...

I wouldn't like install to "Directory" type storage, because I have a high performance LVM storage.
In ubuntu based system allowing to install directly to install LVM logical partition (ex. -B lvm --lvname HOSTNAME --vgname main).

Proxmox support it ? Or only install to vmdk/qcow file ?

Thank you!

You have to go in the Datacenter->Storage Tab then doppel click on LVM and select also in Content to "Container"/"rootdir".

Container or rootdir dependence on the version you are but they are both the same.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!