[SOLVED] LXC Images

ThinkPrivacy

Sep 22, 2016
So I have my cluster up and running then the other day one of my LXC container had an issue and crashed - I am not sure how but now the configuration file is on one node (node 2) and the raw container image is on another (node 3). I am unable to start the container on either node (presumably because no node has both parts).

How can I move the container raw image back to node 2?

I tried setting up a config file on node 3 but when I try to run it it gives me a networking error - so I presume I need to try to get the raw image back to node 2.

Thanks for any help.

(yes I will backup the container once I have it up and running again - I learnt my lesson).

Just move the file to the correct node. Here an example

Code:
mv /etc/pve/nodes/<src_node>/lxc/<vmid>.conf /etc/pve/nodes/<target_node>/lxc/

BTW: Why do you have a cluster if you're not using a cluster filesystem? Moving the config file suggests that you enabled HA, is that right?

Reactions: ThinkPrivacy

Code:

BTW: Why do you have a cluster if you're not using a cluster filesystem? Moving the config file suggests that you enabled HA, is that right?
I am using Ceph and yes I had the container on HA I was pretty sure I had set the container to use the Ceph pool but for some reason it is on local-lvm storage on node 3 - so either I screwed up and didn't select the Ceph storage pool or something funky happened during HA trying to move it to Node 3 - I really have no idea at this point, I just need to get it back up and then explore the possibility of moving it onto Ceph and re-enabling HA.

Code:

OK that worked and then I was able to move the image to the Ceph pool and everything is working again - thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!