LXC config fails

ricop1981

Feb 8, 2018
Hi,
I've 3 nodes in cluster and today update proxmox on node 1 (no dist-upgrade only apt-get upgrade) after reboot pxt start <vmid> fails with this errors:

lxc-start: 112: confile.c: parse_line: 2340 Unknown configuration key "lxc.tty"
lxc-start: 112: parse.c: lxc_file_for_each_line_mmap: 102 Failed to parse config: lxc.tty = 2

Something is strange indeed if I run:

lxc-update-config -c /var/lib/lxc/<vmid>/config && lxc-start -n <vmid> the container start and it is running.

but If i run:

lxc-update-config -c /var/lib/lxc/<vmid>/config && pct start <vmid> the container fails and very very strange is that the files /var/lib/lxc/<vmid>/config is overwritten and restored to previously values (ie. lxc.tty=2).

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Reactions: Ramael Metatron
never do apt-get upgrade only 'apt-get dist-upgrade' or 'apt dist-upgrade'
Hi, thank you for reply.
But " apt-get dist-upgrade" is safe for cluster?
Unfortunately I cannot try on develop servers, only on production. So I can try upgrade only 1 node? Or is need upgrade all 3 nodes? If I update only 1 node is this distructive for cluster?
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

But " apt-get dist-upgrade" is safe for cluster?
yes

Unfortunately I cannot try on develop servers, only on production. So I can try upgrade only 1 node? Or is need upgrade all 3 nodes? If I update only 1 node is this distructive for cluster?
the recommended procudure is:

for every node:
move vms/ct away from node
upgrade node
move vms/ct back
goto next node

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!