[SOLVED] lxc.aa_profile is deprecated and was renamed to lxc.apparmor.profile

Rob Loan

Mar 25, 2017
I have a container with an AppArmor profile containing mount fstype=cifs, and included the profile in
/etc/pve/lxc/<ID>.conf as

lxc.aa_profile: lxc-container-default-with-cifs

when I start the container in pve 5.1 I get:

lxc.aa_profile is deprecated and was renamed to lxc.apparmor.profile

so I changed lxc.aa_profile to lxc.apparmor.profile and the container failed to start. I do see a new process in aa-status when I start the container, so it sort of looks like its trying to work.

How do I mount a cifs vol in a pve 5.1 container ?

Rob

We had the same error and changing it to lxc.apparmor.profile fixed our issue. Here are our settings so you can compare.

/etc/apparmor.d/lxc/lxc-default-with-cifs
Code:
# Do not load this file.  Rather, load /etc/apparmor.d/lxc-containers, which
# will source all profiles under /etc/apparmor.d/lxc

profile lxc-container-default-with-cifs flags=(attach_disconnected,mediate_deleted) {
  #include <abstractions/lxc/container-base>

# the container may never be allowed to mount devpts.  If it does, it
  # will remount the host's devpts.  We could allow it to do it with
  # the newinstance option (but, right now, we don't).
  deny mount fstype=devpts,
  mount fstype=cifs,
  mount fstype=rpc_pipefs,
  mount fstype=cgroup -> /sys/fs/cgroup/**,
}

Parse the profiles
Code:
apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/lxc-containers

Change the container config
Code:
lxc.apparmor.profile: lxc-container-default-with-cifs

Thanks for your lxc.apparmor.profile, all I have is "mount fstype=cifs," and it worked when I added a mount option of vers=1.0

for google:

No dialect specified on mount. Default has changed to a more secure dialect, SMB2.1 or later (e.g. SMB3), from CIFS (SMB1). To use the less secure SMB1 dialect to access old servers which do not support SMB3 (or SMB2.1) specify vers=1.0 on mount.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!