lv does not mount at startup

bobmc

Renowned Member
May 17, 2018
IMG_20180604_120230_small.jpg Can anyone shed light on what is going on here?

Last edited:
I assume no one understand your question.

I'm looking for help with the error message "timed out waiting for device dev-ssdvol-vmstore.device and the subsequent 'depend' errors.

If I log into maintenance mode, the pvs / lvs / vgs all display the ssdvol and vmstore along with the volumes for virtual disks on the ssdvol.

How do I troubleshoot this problem

thanks
Bob

edit: Just realised, no-one else can see the image I posted

Last edited:
If I log into maintenance mode, the pvs / lvs / vgs all display the ssdvol and vmstore along with the volumes for virtual disks on the ssdvol.
What is the output?

Are you mounting the lv to /vmstore?

What is the output?

Are you mounting the lv to /vmstore?

I am trying to mount the lv to /vmstore

Code:
fstab
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
/dev/pve/root / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/pve/swap none swap sw 0 0
/dev/ssdvol/vmstore /vmstore ext4 relatime,barrier=0,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

commenting out the vmstore mount in fstab allows proxmox to boot fully.

trying to mount manually

Code:
root@metro1:~# mount /dev/ssdvol/vmstore /vmstore
mount: special device /dev/ssdvol/vmstore does not exist
root@metro1:~#

Code:
#pvs
  PV         VG     Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  /dev/sdb1  ssdvol lvm2 a--  223.57g 23.37g
  /dev/sdg3  pve    lvm2 a--  148.80g 16.00g

Code:
#vgs
  VG     #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree 
  pve      1   3   0 wz--n- 148.80g 16.00g
  ssdvol   1   3   0 wz--n- 223.57g 23.37g

Code:
#lvs
  LV            VG     Attr       LSize   Pool    Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  data          pve    twi-aotz--  85.80g                0.00   0.04                           
  root          pve    -wi-ao----  37.00g                                                       
  swap          pve    -wi-ao----   8.00g                                                       
  vm-100-disk-1 ssdvol Vwi-a-tz--  32.00g vmstore        49.65                                 
  vm-100-disk-2 ssdvol Vwi-a-tz--  16.00g vmstore        45.58                                 
  vmstore       ssdvol twi-aotz-- 200.00g                11.59  6.00

vmstore is available as storage in proxmox, so I don't need to mount to /vmstore?

The LVs are mapped to /dev/mapper/vmstore (or similar). You need to change the path if you want to mount it. PVE will mount the directory storage automatically if it is configured, LVM storage works differently.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!