Lost HDD where proxmox resides.

kirelgt

Nov 16, 2010
Hello everybody, I have a server that has 5 vg groups, where VMs lives. I came into a problem that the disk that proxmox lives on crashed(NO VM lives on this disk)and now I replaced the disk and reinstall proxmox, how can I bring the VMs that are there in the other drives to live.

Thanks in advance.

I think you have to "link" again proxmox with it's lvm storage, but then you will not have the <VNID>.conf files that tell proxmox how VM are formed, name of virtual disks and so on. You could try to recreate manually with an editor, maybe taking inspiration from a different proxmox server where you can create "dummy" VM as much like your memory permits you as your old ones.
Or, if you have backup of them, try to untar the dump and extract the .conf (as far as I've tested, is named qemu-server.conf, you have to rename with <VMID>.conf and put in the proper position, that is for 2.1 /etc/pve/qemu-server/, so you will have i.e. /etc/pve/qemu-server/101.conf).

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!