Logs/debug information why the ceph connection is failing

mo_

Oct 27, 2011
Germany
Hi,

does the pve-manager dump logs or error messages somewhere, indicating why the ceph connection is failing? In the web interface I can only see a connection problem, which isnt saying much.

storage.cfg:
Code:
rbd: rbd
        monhost 192.168.178.41:6789;192.168.178.42:6789;192.168.178.43:6789
        pool rbd
        content images
        username admin

/etc/pve/priv/ceph/rbd.keyring is present
also put keyring and ceph.conf from the cluster into /etc/ceph, but I cant use rbd to check why its not connecting because the kernel is too old (needs >=3.14) to use kernel-rbd.

the ceph CLI isnt working either (on the pve host) for the same reason as kernel rbd: protocol feature mismatch, my 407ffffffff < peer 40fffffffff missing 800000000

that missing feature bit is cache pools by the way.

Last edited:
I think I fixed it, I noticed how for reasons that are beyond me, apt was only listing outdated ceph-common versions (arent firefly packages supposed to be in the debian stable main repository?). I had to add
Code:
deb http://ceph.com/debian-firefly/ wheezy main

and do "aptitude upgrade ceph-common"

It appears to be working in my testing setup here, but might that break anything?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!