local-zfs not available on clean install on ZFS Raid 0

TheOneWithTheBraid

Feb 8, 2021
Dear everyone,
I am stuck in trouble with a freshly set up Node running Proxmox 6.3-3 on RAID-0 ZFS SSDs.

The usually known storage `local-zfs` does not seem to be present. Anyway, I am not able to create it.

Bash:
root@k-ehleyr:~# pvesm add zfspool local-zfs -pool rpool
create storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: storage ID 'local-zfs' already defined
root@k-ehleyr:~# pvesm list local-zfs
storage 'local-zfs' is not available on node 'k-ehleyr'

Does anyone know what that means?

EDIT:

Bash:
root@k-ehleyr:~# pvesm status
Name             Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
backup            pbs     active      2042028880       580241712      1357987976   28.41%
local             dir     active      1178332928         1475712      1176857216    0.13%
local-zfs     zfspool   disabled               0               0               0      N/A
root@k-ehleyr:~# pvesm set local-zfs --disable 0

Seems like it is disabled. Anyway, I cannot enable it.

Last edited:
What does a zpool status and zfs list show?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!