Live Migration of KVM Issues

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
Hi all,

We currently have this setup: 4 nodes running identical hardware and software, 1 san, 2 switches

1) We have run into another strange issue. We have a KVM VM up and we can live migrate from any of nodes 1-3 but on node 4 it says the below. Now if we go into options and turn off hardware virtualization, it works - we're wondering why this is the case for just 1 node?

online migrate failure - command '/usr/bin/ssh -c
blowfish -o 'BatchMode=yes' root@10.10.1.156 qm start 101 --stateuri tcp
--skiplock' failed: exit code 255
ERROR: migration problems

2) Also we keep getting duplicate issues whenever we migrate a KVM VM

Found duplicate PV - it works fine but scrolls all of this ... is this an issue?

9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using /dev/sdc not /dev/sdb
Found duplicate
PV 9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using /dev/sdd not /dev/sdc
Found
duplicate PV 9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using /dev/sde not
/dev/sdd
Found duplicate PV 9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using /dev/sdf
not /dev/sde
Found duplicate PV 9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using
/dev/sdg not /dev/sdf
Found duplicate PV 9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx:
using /dev/sdh not /dev/sdg
Found duplicate PV
9e1I7VsF3kHW98fKl7iz6K5scGkWYkPx: using /dev/sdi not /dev/sdh

3) We also got an error that said "no accelerator found" on node 4 - CPU virtualization is enabled in bios though

3) We also got an error that said "no accelerator found" on node 4 - CPU virtualization is enabled in bios though

After enabling that in the bios, you powered off that node? If not, power off, and then try again.

I have no information about your storage setup, so it is impossible to answer the question. I guess your iscsi storage is accessible via different networks?

iSCSI SAN is connected to 2 switches. 8 ports on each. Nodes connected to both switches 1 port on each - all in same VLAN. the 2 switches are trunked via a 4 x 1GBPS port trunk group.

I technically have 2 private IPs and each SAN NIC has 1 IP (this may change if we start bonding the NICs on the SAN)

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!