Link aggregation setup issue

raj

Sep 17, 2011
www.businessparksolutions.com
Hi team,

I have a proxmox setup with 3 servers in a cluster.

I have tried to set up link aggregation on and I been getting the following errors:

Nov 19 15:49:18 master kernel: bond0: received packet with own address as source address
Nov 19 15:49:20 master kernel: bond0: received packet with own address as source address
Nov 19 15:49:22 master kernel: bond0: received packet with own address as source address

Also the vms started to have intermittent drops in connection.

I had to remove the bond and reboot all 3 boxes to get the vm connections stable.

Here are the steps that I done:

Select the 1 physical box and go to the network tab

Select the vmbr0 and delete the physical nic from bridge port

Then select create and select bond then put both phycical nic eth0 and eth1 in there.

I selected the default balance-rr

Then go back to vmbr0 and put bond0 in the bridge port

Could anyone assist pls.

What I am looking to do is to get link aggregation to work so that I can get a better performance.

All the nics are Gigabit and the switch is a gigabit cisco 4006.

Cheers,

Raj

did you create the etherchannel on the cisco? otherwise they will drop since the switch will alternate the nics.

to use most of the bonding options you need switch side LACP (you can set it to passive)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!