[Latest] Proxmox - USB disconnects freeze KVM

Dragon19

Jan 4, 2020
Using Proxmox with either a windows guest or linux guest - disconnecting a USB device freezes the VM.

This did not happen on older versions of proxmox.

Currently using a four port USB kvm switch.

Please tell the detailed version of working and not-working package versions.

"Latest" is not an exact version.

Can confirm that this is an issue for me too. Very frustrating with a KVM switch where it is much less feasible to keep the mouse/keyboard plugged in.

PVE: 6.2-10
Kernel: 5.4.44-2-pve

I'm getting the same issue in regards to Proxmox Backup Server which is a VM inside my Proxmox Server. The USB Passthrough started disconnecting and locking up the VM.

I had this issue a while back as well. I think I may have figured out the issue this time. I had restored a remote VM to my Proxmox Server that uses the exact same name for USB0 as well as the hose name
ie: -usb0 host=0bc2:ab28,usb3=1

which is the same as the one passed through to my PBS server VM. I stopped the VM or atleast removed the USB device from the offending VM and thee URB -71 and some other errors stopped.

Thank you so much for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!