kvm hotplug info

m.ardito

Feb 17, 2010
Torino, Italy
Hi

I've learned about the "hotplug" configuration setting (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Hotplug_(qemu_disk,nic,cpu,memory)).

Is there (or is planned) any web gui control for this switch in web gui?
Or can this setting be reflected in gui, at least, to know if the vm has it enabled (or not) without having to manually check its .conf?

And, what is the reason for this setting not to be enabled by default?
I've read that guest has to support it, but can enable it by default at least for new kvm guests do any harm?

Thanks,
Marco

The link sends me to the file and it still contains:

+ xtype: 'pveWindowEdit',
+ subject: gettext('Hotplog'),

Serge

Thanks. I am not familiar with git and your initial link was sending me to the initial patch (with the typo).

I will go to sleep less dumb tonight.;)

Thanks for your patience.

Serge

The main problem is that is guest don't support acpi, it'll hang when you'll try to hot unplug a device.

That's why it's disable by default.

(But it's 100% stable, i'm using it on linux and windows guests since 2 years now)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!