just abit of help needed

kenny1921

Nov 4, 2012
hi there, i am wanting to get a server from hetzner and install proxmox onto it. i would like to virtualize both windows and linux operating systems and would be getting additional ip addresses. my main question is how easy is the installation on a new root server as i have read a few posts here saying about it being difficult if you want to enable kvm, just wondering what that would the kvm function actually is.
also i am debating whether to get the kvm over ip with the server which for 19 euro isnt to bad and would also make the installation abit easier as i could use the iso image and boot that as a virtual cd drive.

just want to know if you guys think i should get the KVM over IP or just use the rescue system and install proxmox from there?

kenny

pls check the hetzner wiki for howto. and read our docs.

if you have any issue, please search the forum and if you cannot find anything related, post your question here.

and select a suitable subject - this one is really not the best.

thank you for the reply and sorry about the title of the post.

about the kvm, should i just get the KVM over IP because this would make installation abit easier or would i be best to just install as per the instructions on the hetzner website

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!