Just a little feedback (6 to 7, PBS 1 to 2)

cromatn5

Mar 26, 2018
France
I came from PVE 6.4 and PBS 1.X, installed on top on Debian 10 on the same host, with secure boot from Mortar Framework.
I use principally a Windows 10 VM with GPU (WX 3100), NIC (Intel i210) and M2 PCIe Renesas USB3 (for USB front) passed trough.
This is my daily "computer", used with a KVM switch shared with host.
Two LXC containers (Adguard home and Samba) runs h24 to the side of the Windows 10 VM.
Others VM are for testing (others Linux distrib, Windows servers, etc...)

After updating sources and testing with the pve6to7 --full script, Go! It's time to upgrade to PVE7 and PBS2 !

Everythings works great, I can now backup templates stored on LVM-thin, and now Hyper-V 2016 run without specific flags (CPU = host)

Just an issue with ifupdown2 that remove the service at boot, or let ifupdown "not correctly configured". For someone who wants to use this, the correct way is purge ifupdown and install --reinstall ifupdown2.

Thanks you very much, Proxmox team :)

Xeon 1230-v6
32 Go ECC
Asus P10S-i, bios 4401 (others are bugged for passthrough)
Radeon WX 3100 (passthrough)
M2 PCIe Renesas USB3 controller (passthrough)
Intel S4500 960 Go (root on ext4 + swap, the rest on LVM-thin (fast VM storage))
2x WD RED 3Tb (slow VM storage, LVM-thin on MDADM RAID1)
2x 1Tb HDD for ZFS (Proxmox Backup Server, ZFS RAID1)

edit: can someone move this to "Proxmox VE: Installation and Configuration" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: oguz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!