Jaca Console enter equal sign (=) in grub ?

adoII

Renowned Member
Jan 28, 2010
Hi,

I want to edit the grub-options in a virtual machine using the proxmox vnc console.
Especially all I want is to enter an equals-symbol (=)

While the Linux-VM is in grup the keyboard has an american layout. Later on when the linux vm boots
and loads its german keymap I can Enter the = sign but I need it in the vms grub window.

I tried all combinations of Proxmox Datacenter Language (English/German), Proxmox Interface Language,
Linux Webclient, Windows Webclient, even tried manually with vncproxy and Tigervnc.

Any ideas how I could type the equal sign in the proxmox console ? Alternatively can I configure maybe a soft keyboard or something ?

Thanks

I'd like to know how to do this as well. German keyboard. No chance to enter '=' in grub. Is there any way to add a custom key for this to the console?

So what I figured out now is:
qm sendkey wont send the key either. Basically the ' key is not working on a linux (Ubuntu/Debian/Arch/whatever) machine. This is not a problem on windows though with the same proxmox and same vm. Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? I tried to change the keymaps under /usr/share/kvm but that didn't get me any further either.
I'm pretty much clueless as to why this won't work under linux and that noone has encountered it up to now. I'm currently on "Ubuntu 12.04 LTS" with "oracle jre1.6.0_25".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!