Issues with dual GPU passthrough

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Nora, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Nora

Nora New Member

Hi there!

I'm attempting to configure dual GPU passhtrough to two guest Win10 VMs.

I managed to pass the first GPU to a Win10 guest just fine (GTX 750Ti). I then decided to add the second GPU (GTX980), so I included its IDs to "/etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf" and rebooted the server as per the instructions (I've been following this really awesome guide). The server then hangs during boot once it checks the disk. I tried disabling fastboot to see whether that would make a difference, but then boot stops at "2 logical volume(s) in volume group "pve" now active.

The PC also has Intel interated graphics and I thought it wouldn't need much else than that to boot, and a GPU is not mentioned in the minimum requirements as far as I could tell.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

2. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

maybe the mainboard chooses the gtx980 as boot gpu? if yes, try to change it to the integrated one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AlexLup and Nora like this.
  3. Nora

Nora New Member

That was it! Thanks a bunch :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice