Issues upgrading Intel NUC to 5.0

lastb0isct

Dec 29, 2015
I have an intel NUC that was successfully running 4.4, but when I go through the upgrade instructions on it it is not starting services. I try to see the pvecm status and it is saying that the command is not found!

Not sure what could have happened, but I've been trying multiple different ways to get this machine to 5.0. It just doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

My Intel NUC is running on 5.0 without any problem (Proxmox VE is installed on Samsung SSD 950 Pro), so you should be able to fix it.

Hi,

you have deinstalled Proxmox during the upgrade process.
Try
Code:
apt install proxmox-ve
May be you have to add the Proxmox repository again see
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories

Thank you!! Finally its working. I tried doing that after installed Debian Stretch on its own and it wasn't able to.

tom -- I have an older NUC, so maybe it had a tough time with the install? Not sure, but glad its working now.

I have one that is a few years old (i3-5010U) that gave me no issues when upgrading. I use it as my backup server / cheap and deep storage. It also makes a great place to test automation and API stuff.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!