iSCSI XenServer VM migration to kvm

cocconi

Renowned Member
Nov 5, 2009
Nouma, New Caledonia
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a solution to migrate some iSCSI XenServer VM to iSCSI kvm VM in proxmox.
I've read http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE but nothing seems helpfull in this case :(
I've tested xenmigrate.py to make a raw export from the VM and then create a VM in proxmox with local raw storage, then replace the proxmox raw with the exported raw, but no success (no boot).
Is there somebody with a solution, it will be great :) ?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a solution to migrate some iSCSI XenServer VM to iSCSI kvm VM in proxmox.
I've read http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE but nothing seems helpfull in this case :(
I've tested xenmigrate.py to make a raw export from the VM and then create a VM in proxmox with local raw storage, then replace the proxmox raw with the exported raw, but no success (no boot).
Is there somebody with a solution, it will be great :) ?

Thanks

I did not have such an enviroment here (now), but I would appreciate an extension in the mentioned wiki page. I assume it could be not that difficult as both uses qemu.

I'm not sure that Citrix XenServer is using qemu, but maybe. The problem it is they're using their own vm file system (xvda). that's why xenmigrate.py has been done, to transform xvda image to raw.
With this raw image I was thinking it could be possible and simple to import in Proxmox, but I've still not found, I'm not usual with qemu, so for some images I can quickly rebuild them from scratch, but some others it will not be possible without lot of pain...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!