iSCSI -> LVM Group = No Base Volume to select

cstachris

May 17, 2012
Hi Proxmox Users,

I am testing Proxmox but cannot create the storage for a new virtual machine.

Add iSCSI Target works.
Trying to add an LVM group to the configured iSCSI Target does not show the LUN to use for the Base Volume.

My /etc/iet/ietd.conf on the iSCSI Targets are here - the 2nd one listed is for proxmox:
Code:
Target iqn.2010-10.local.remola:storage.disk1
    Lun 0 Path=/tmp/test/disk1
    Alias "iSCSI Disk 1"

Target iqn.2012-05.pve:storage.disk2
    Lun 0 Path=/opt/VPSCENTOS6
    Alias "VPS Centos Disk"

I noticed there is no icon next to the Add -> "LVM Group" option. Does this mean this is not functioning or missing dependencies?

I installed it yesterday and did a fresh update - 2.1 ISO.

Thank You
Chris

I noticed there is no icon next to the Add -> "LVM Group" option. Does this mean this is not functioning or missing dependencies?

No, that mean that we have not found a suitable icon ;-)

What is the output of:

# pvesm iscsiscan --portal <IP>

No, that mean that we have not found a suitable icon ;-) What is the output of: # pvesm iscsiscan --portal
OK good luck finding one :) As for the output of that command:

Code:
root@pve:~# pvesm iscsiscan --portal 192.168.0.200 
iqn.2010-10.local.remola:storage.disk1  192.168.15.15:3260,192.168.110.18:3260,192.168.0.200:3260 
iqn.2012-05.au.com.mrvoip:storage.disk2 192.168.15.15:3260,192.168.110.18:3260,192.168.0.200:3260

This part is OK - I can create the iSCSI Target but it shows up with 0GB in the web interface.
On the "portal" (192.168.0.200) - disk2 is the one I want to create as an "LVM Group".
The 192.168.15.15 & the 192.168.110.18 address are the other network interface and openVPN interface respectively.
At the "portal" machine, the disk2 partition is a logical volume (part of a volume group).

... *shrug*
Cheers Chris

Last edited:
This part is OK - I can create the iSCSI Target but it shows up with 0GB in the web interface.
This was incorrect. The iSCSI Target shows in the list under storage.

With "Use LUN directly" off (as per wiki instructions), the contents shows up with nothing - this is expecetd.
When "Use LUN Directy" is on, it can be used for Images.

Chris

Old thread but we have the same issue.

We add an iSCSI target - works but the iSCSI target shows up with 0 space and nothig free

We create a new LVM group and add the iSCSI target to that group - now the LVM shows up with space but its smaller than the drive space (550GB drive shows up as 500GB)

Any idea what the issue is? We're using this with OSNexus

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!