iscsi Issue

SchoolTechGuy

Jun 8, 2013
I had a 3 node cluster of Proxmox 2.1 connected to an iscsi SAN running great for over a year now with almost 45 VMs, mostly KVM machines. I moved all the VMs off one server and was trying to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3, then I planned to run the 2.3 to 3.0 update script. Well the 2.1 to 2.3 upgrade failed miserably and not only broke that server, but broke the cluster. I had to rebuild the cluster using the two functioning servers. I used these instructions (http://undefinederror.org/how-to-reset-cluster-configuration-in-proxmox-2/). That seemed to work for the most part, but now I don't see the ISCSI drives in the UI. They are still connected and all 45 VMs are running. I'm afraid to reboot either of the 2 functioning servers. the 'vgs' command shows the iscsi connections.

Any suggestions?

I had a 3 node cluster of Proxmox 2.1 connected to an iscsi SAN running great for over a year now with almost 45 VMs, mostly KVM machines. I moved all the VMs off one server and was trying to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3, then I planned to run the 2.3 to 3.0 update script. Well the 2.1 to 2.3 upgrade failed miserably and not only broke that server, but broke the cluster. I had to rebuild the cluster using the two functioning servers. I used these instructions (http://undefinederror.org/how-to-reset-cluster-configuration-in-proxmox-2/). That seemed to work for the most part, but now I don't see the ISCSI drives in the UI. They are still connected and all 45 VMs are running. I'm afraid to reboot either of the 2 functioning servers. the 'vgs' command shows the iscsi connections.

Any suggestions?

Figured this out. I missed copying the storage.cfg file in the /etc/pve/ directory

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!