Is it possible to dual boot Proxmox and Windows 7 - each on separate internal drives?

laprisamata

Jun 14, 2012
I have a spare i5 box with two internal drives and want to create a dual-boot Proxmox/Windows 7 setup. I want to be able to run Windows 7 for LAN gaming and general familiarity, but easily boot into Proxmox as a home virtualized server to remotely access when I'm out and about.

Is this possible at all?

//R

Re: Is it possible to dual boot Proxmox and Windows 7 - each on separate internal dri

of course you can, but why would you want to when you have Virtualbox available in Windows? Having a full-on hypervisor dual-booting with a Windows OS is asking for trouble.

Re: Is it possible to dual boot Proxmox and Windows 7 - each on separate internal dri

sgtfoo - If I installed Proxmox VE as a guest VM on a Windows 7 Host/Virtualbox, wouldn't I then be unable to install any KVM VMs in Proxmox VE? Nested virtualization? My principle reason for wanting to install Proxmox VE is to use it for testing purposes, to eventually move to a dedicated Proxmox VE environment, and I need the facility to host Windows VMs in my test setup.

//R

do you have two physical HDDs?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!