ipv6 to KVM

vikozo

Renowned Member
May 4, 2014
suisse
www.wombat.ch
Hello
i have been googeling around for IPv6 KVM and Proxmox. i am able to reach a RasperiPy but it is not working over the Proxmox Installation.
so is there a tutorial? do i have also to add a IP to VMBR0?
do i have to activated something, too?
have a nice day
vinc

I don't understand you. So what, have installed proxmox on PI or not? Or do you mean you can't set an IPV6 Adress at intallation?

I don't know how to set it correctly!
Now i have a IPCam with ipv6, on the Bindserver at home i add a AAA record and still at home it is resolving the name and showing the camera.
but from another place it is not working. But to access a Raspberry Pi from outside direct with IPv6 is working.

Ok let me rephrase my question: how do i have to configure the Host (proxmox) and the KVM to reach my kvm Server over IPv6? is there a tutorial or howto Information?
have a nice day
vinc

Hello thanks for the link
which is not working, as i did understand the fist part has to be done on the Host itself.
but there ist no
# /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
# /etc/module

What is the exact network setup you want to use? If you bridge a VM via vmbr0 in a default setup then the proxmox host doesn't need any configuration for IPv6 to work unless you have the firewall enabled, in which case you need to enable NDP (NeighborDiscovery macro, which we will probably make a default).

I just looked over that link and it's pretty specific to online.net with DHCPv6 and for setting up routing.
You can skip the pre-requisites altogether with PVE4. Step 3 is useful only if you want to setup routing from one bridge to another.
Also:
Code:
net.ipv6.bindv6only = 1
Only if you want the services which bind to only one interface to be accessible via ONLY IPv6. Eg. for the PVE management web interface to be available via both IPv4 and IPv6 you need this off if your hostname also resolves to an IPv6 address eg via /etc/hosts
The other pre-requisite steps are specific to online.net

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!