Iommu in NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH

marine88

Dec 14, 2020
Hi there i have intel nuc NUC6i3SYH witj i3 6100u and 12gb of ram im trying to activate iommu so i can share the intel 520 to container so it can uses the quick sync t plex transcoding i tried everything with no luck anone was able to do suck thing?

I might be wrong, but I think you need IOMMU if you want to pass the iGPU to a VM. Turn out that i3 6100i does support VT-d. Can't you activate it in the BIOS?
If you are using a container, you can pass devices via lxc.mount entries. Maybe this post on this forum can help? At least, it will give you something to search for.
You might want to start with a privileged container first because unprivileged is more complex because of user and group mapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: marine88
I might be wrong, but I think you need IOMMU if you want to pass the iGPU to a VM. Turn out that i3 6100i does support VT-d. Can't you activate it in the BIOS?
If you are using a container, you can pass devices via lxc.mount entries. Maybe this post on this forum can help? At least, it will give you something to search for.
You might want to start with a privileged container first because unprivileged is more complex because of user and group mapping.
Im very new to all proxmox stuff i use it because of HA since it does not like docker with other suff. Is there any good nuc that support vtd? I search on my bios i didnt see nothing in options.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!