[SOLVED] Invalid PVE ticket after config>db restore

montaropdf

Aug 24, 2017
Hello,

A few month ago I have backup config.db and everything (I hope) related to all my container.

This week, I finally got the time to re-install the node (I have only one).

I have restored the config.db file I backup earlier using sqlite3 ".restore" command.

Before issuing the sqlite3 command I stop pve-cluster with "service pve-cluster stop". Once the restore completed, I start pve-cluster.

When I try to login to the web console, with the root account, using PAM, I got an error message reading "PVE ticket invalid".

I have not yet restored the LXC container. but I suppose this shouldn't have an impact for the login.

Is there any how-to or article describing the procedure to restore the config this way?

Did you restart the other pve services like, pvestatd or even reboot?

no, I have to admit, I don't know which services to restart and in which order.

I will perform a reboot to see if it is any better.

In the mean time is there any good article in the documentation describing how to stop and start properly proxmox "manually"?

Way better after a good reboot of the host.

I need, now to cleanup a few things and copy back the lxc containers in the right directory, along with their configuration.

I hope everything will go well for that stage.

My last question is still valid, so I will wait for an answer on it before declaring the case solved.

Thanks for your help.

This is described in our pve-docs (see link).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!