Internet access not working

stlsaint

Oct 30, 2009
Current setup:
Router
Switch
Servers

ISP Modem > Wireless Router > Switch (internet is provided to the switch. This is proven with many other systems within home network.)

Server1 (fresh install of 2.1) plugs into switch with assigned IP of 192.168.1.110. eth0 is interface. I can reach server from laptop with SSH and web interface but even the server has no internet access. vmbr0 is a slave to eth0 which is interface 2 on my server. eth1 is the interface 1 on server. Maybe its some basic networking but ive even tried hooking server directly into router and still no go.

Current setup:
Router
Switch
Servers

ISP Modem > Wireless Router > Switch (internet is provided to the switch. This is proven with many other systems within home network.)

Server1 (fresh install of 2.1) plugs into switch with assigned IP of 192.168.1.110. eth0 is interface. I can reach server from laptop with SSH and web interface but even the server has no internet access. vmbr0 is a slave to eth0 which is interface 2 on my server. eth1 is the interface 1 on server. Maybe its some basic networking but ive even tried hooking server directly into router and still no go.
Hi,
I think you are right, it's basic networking. But unfortunality you don't provide much information...
There are some possible choices for this issue:
(default)-gateway
the switch (e.g. don't like multible MACs on one port)
Firewall (networks/nat)

You wrote you have two networks on the server - so both networks have outgoing permissions on your router? (and nat work fine?)

Try to find the issue with basic networking command like "traceroute", "ip route" and "tcpdump".

If you need help, provide the interface-file of the server and the VM.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!