[SOLVED] Installer displays only upper left corner

xtim

Oct 11, 2020
Hi,

I am new to the whol vm and server world and need your help to get into it.
When I am trying to install proxmox (6.1 and 6.2) I get a properly displayed install screen. When I chose install, the console opens up and does something. When it executes all prompts I get into the configure screen. Here my problems (perhaps) start. So, I get only displayed the right upper corner of the displayed source. The problem on this is, even if I use tab to get through the configuration process, I cant click on install in the last step, cause I have no field to interact before tabbing though until the install button.

I tried 4 different monitors from 1280x720 to 1920x1080. DVI and VGA. On mainboard graphics and an external AMD-Card.

All my efforts to find and implement a solution from the forum didn’t work so far. Could you guys give me some more details and any solution to it?

Hi to me,

even if I didn't solve the problem, a little work around to atleast solve the thread.

Just open up a youtube installation tutorial to know the overlay of the installer and use Ctrl + Tab; Ctrl + Shift + Tab; Ctrl. + h; Ctrl. + g; to navigate trouth the installation processe.

Didnt know wich Shortcurt helped with my confirmation problem in the end, but it worked!

Had a similar problem:

I used a KVM solution that can only capture 4:3 screen resolutions. So I, too, saw only the upper left of the screen (well, most of it, but it lacked the lower right corner).

With some help from Fabian, I managed to navigate the installation using a combination of <ALT> and whatever was the right key to proceed on a given screen (that I found by looking for installation screenshots).

While the installation succeeded, I was wondering whether it might be possible to force the installation to only use 4:3 screen resolutions?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!