Installation on DL360 Gen10 (PVE 8.2)

Molch

Renowned Member
May 11, 2012
Hello, I am currently trying to install Proxmox 8.2 via iLO5 (UEFI mode) and I am receiving the following error message - and also tried with "nomodeset".
Also tried Legacy Bios without success and PVE 7.4.

1727332706083.png
1727332714383.png

Hi,

on a hunch, I'd first try upgrading (all) the firmware of the server to the latest, as it might be just a problem with faulty firmware - which is not that uncommon unfortunately.

The error message is quite cut up, so it's hard to say from which subsystem/driver this error comes. But seems to come from the bfa driver, which is a SCSI driver for Brocade PCIe FC/FCOE host adapters.

Do you have such a Fibrechannel adapter card attached to the server?

Hi,

if i disable the pci device the installation is working well.
After enabling and rebooting again - Reboot process stuck.

1727339864894.png

After enabling and rebooting again - Reboot process stuck.
Just to clarify - so you enabled the device, rebooted and then it got stuck on another reboot? Or did you (software) hot-plug it?

Anyways, I'd again suggest try updating the firmware of that device at least. Also, contacting the vendor of that card (and/or the vendor of your server) could be worth a shot, they might be able to help. Our Proxmox VE kernel is based on the latest Ubuntu LTS kernel, maybe they have some sort of hardware compatibility list.

Im using now the same kernel and still no way to mount LUNs. While booting (bios) the SAN is telling me all ports are active, after booting up in proxmox ports are going down.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!