Installation of Proxmox on Fresh Dedicated Server

fbdsanju

Dec 28, 2014
Dear Friends

I am new to this forum & also having very little knowledge about installation of proxmox. Need your help regarding installation on my new server that I got recently.

I got Debian 6 oldstable (Squeeze) installed on my server need help to install Proxmox now if any can share step by step with screenshots as I haven't installed proxmox or any other such software.

Thanks for your help in advance

Rgds
Sanjay

Dear Friends

I am new to this forum & also having very little knowledge about installation of proxmox. Need your help regarding installation on my new server that I got recently.

I got Debian 6 oldstable (Squeeze) installed on my server need help to install Proxmox now if any can share step by step with screenshots as I haven't installed proxmox or any other such software.

Thanks for your help in advance

Rgds
Sanjay
Hi,
upgrade to wheezy and use this howto http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy

Udo

Hello

I installed proxmox on Debian Wheezy but found compatibility issue so again uninstall Debian Wheezy and installed Debian_Squeeze which looks fine at first installed while creating fresh VMs

Can anybody please guide me on security aspects to be taken care while using this version.

Thanks

Hello

I installed proxmox on Debian Wheezy but found compatibility issue so again uninstall Debian Wheezy and installed Debian_Squeeze which looks fine at first installed while creating fresh VMs

Can anybody please guide me on security aspects to be taken care while using this version.

Thanks

proxmox 3.X -> wheezy
proxmox 2.X -> squeeze

(you should really use wheezy and last proxmox version)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!