[SOLVED] Install Proxmox to SSD and then add another SSD for RAID-1 later?

verulian

Feb 18, 2019
I have a server I've installed Proxmox onto that has one SSD for the main system installation. I'd like to add an identical drive in a month to mirror my base install as a software RAID-1 (raidz maybe?) so I don't have any down time for when the primary SSD fails.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

Which solution are you referring to? The only software raid that Proxmox supports natively is zfs. Did you install with zfs or did you choose lvm? In the latter case you're probably easier off with a reinstall.

I installed with ZFS on a single SSD. It would be nice to avoid a reinstall for sure.

Oh nice find @ph0x, thank you. I was having a hard time isolating something like that based on having the right search terms.

I had a hard time getting the server to respond for some reason so I got an archive: https://archive.is/dz0QV

Reactions: ph0x

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!