Insserv warning Script 'rc.firewall" Missing LSB tags and overrideds

drott

Apr 18, 2012
USA
Upgraded to latest kernel, Thisthere is warning message below.

Have not rebooted as do do not know the implications of this.

What services should I check are not running.

Setting up proxmox-ve-2.6.32 (3.4-163) ...
installing proxmox release key: OK
Setting up pve-cluster (3.0-19) ...
insserv: warning: script 'rc.firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
Restarting pve cluster filesystem: pve-cluster.

Thanks

No, I did not write the script. I was or am assuming it is the native firewalls to Proxmox.

No, it is not. Please can you post the content of that script? Try to find the location with

# find /etc -name 'rc.firewall'

( Solved) Re: Insserv warning Script 'rc.firewall" Missing LSB tags and overrideds

Hi, Sorry for the really slow response back. I have located the file and did some more checking between my other proxmox boxes and did not find a script by that name in /etc/init.d/rc.firewall. So I did the brave thing today an deleted the script. I hope that is the correct fix to address this. That script came in as part of install of another package. I thought I was in the CT but was actually on the host itself. Case of trying to work between multiple containers on multiple hosts machines at the same time. did dpkg -r pkgname but it must not have fully removed all the parts it added. Thanks for the super response. Sorry for the slow response.

Re: ( Solved) Re: Insserv warning Script 'rc.firewall" Missing LSB tags and override

did dpkg -r pkgname but it must not have fully removed all the parts it added. Thanks for the super response. Sorry for the slow response.

You need to run 'dpkg --purge pkgname' to remove all files of a package (including configuration/init files).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!