Initial Backup and remote sync

Andreas_H

Jan 6, 2021
Hello,

I want to backup a remote site to PBS, to which we only have a DSL connection. I guess that this would be enough for incremental backups every night, but not for an initial backup. There are around 4TB to be backed up.

I cannot temporarily move the PBS server to that location. But I could setup a temporary second PBS on that site, do the backup over LAN; then bring the temporary PBS to our site and do a "remote sync" to the "real" PBS. Would that work to do incremental backups from then on? Or is there another, maybe simplier way?

Thanks,
Andreas

yeah that works. just moving the disk containing the datastore should be enough actually, no need to move whole servers ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!